More than three-fourth of the population of the world is suffering from severe back pain. No doubt it is a bummer.
If you too are someone whose life has turned upside down because of back pain, then incorporating yoga in your life might just be the best option for you.
Yoga for back pain is a mind-body practice that helps in not just relieving back pain but also the stress associated with it. So, without wasting any minute, scroll down and read about the topmost yoga poses useful in treating severe back pain.
Top Yoga Poses Useful In Healing Back Pain
Downward Facing Dog
Also known as Adho Mukha Svanasana, Downward Facing Dog is one of the best yoga poses when it comes to relieving stress and anxiety. It is also a resting and rejuvenating pose for the mind and body.
How To Do:
- Start by getting on all your fours.
- Then, bring your knees in alignment under the hips and your hands under the wrists.
- Tuck your toes in and take the support of your hands while lifting your hips towards the ceiling.
Tip: If your knees feel pressured, then bend them slightly.
- While performing this pose, keep your heels slightly off the ground.
- If you feel a stretch in your hamstrings, know that you are doing the pose right.
- Hold this pose for about 30 to 45 seconds and come back to your original position.
Extended Triangle Pose
This one is an amazing pose for healing sciatica, lower back pain, and neck pain. Additionally, it stretches your spine, hips, groin, and hamstrings and helps you in getting rid of stress, anxiety, and symptoms of mild depression.
How To Do:
- Start by standing straight with your feet slightly apart and look ahead.
- Point your right foot to the right and bend your body to the right side.
- Touch your right foot with your right hand and keep your left arm stretched out towards the ceiling.
- Hold this pose for a minute or two, come back to your normal position, and repeat the same on the other side.
Read More – Heal Yourself With Yoga For Lower Back Pain
Sphinx pose is great for releasing tension from the lower back, spine, and shoulders. Also, it strengthens your arms as well as leg muscles.
How To Do:
- Start by lying on the yoga mat flat against your tummy.
- Bring your elbows under your shoulders and your palms beside your face.
- Then, take the support of your arms and lift your upper body, to your abdomen.
- Make sure that you look straight ahead while performing this pose.
- Hold this pose for 60 seconds approximately and then let your body come to a relaxing position.
Read More – Top 5 Poses Of Yoga For Upper Back Pain
This one helps in relieving stress and fatigue leading to back pain. It also stretches and strengthens the arms, shoulders, calves, hamstrings, and spine.
How To Do:
- Begin with lying down on your back against the yoga mat and keep your arms by your sides.
- Next, tuck your toes in and bring your knees slightly towards your abdomen.
Tip: Keep your arms at your sides throughout the pose.
- Lift your body towards the ceiling with the support of your arms and feet.
- Hold this for 30 seconds and come back to your original position.
After reading this article, do you think that yoga can help you in getting rid of severe back pain? If the answer is yes, but you have just no idea which place will assist you the best, then join a yoga fitness center in India to get a life-changing experience and say good-bye to back pain forever.